Monday, September 17, 2012

Rain, Rain, Come Again!!

We survived Monday, everyone!! Now we just have to stay motivated for the rest of the week! Tonight I realized how much extra time I have if I just don't turn on the TV. Common sense, but apparently Keeping Up With the Kardashians and Married to Jonas were higher on the priority list last night. Today, for some reason, I had more free time than I normally have on Mondays. Maybe it is because I did not work out...speaking of, I'm committing to P90X tomorrow!! I completed about 2 months of it in January and February of this year, but then spring break came and went, and there was no more motivation for me. I would like to be held accountable for committing! I've been attempting to start ever since school started, but it hasn't worked out. Tomorrow will be day 1! I'm going to make a chart for my wall so that I can have visual motivation every day.

Today was a cool day, and it ended up raining later in the afternoon. Those of you who know me well know that I love the rain! It puts me in a good mood. I LOVE doing homework in my room with the window open so I can hear it. I also enjoy taking naps while it is raining, but I enjoy taking naps anytime :). Unfortunately tonight I was trapped in the basement of one of the academic buildings in a torturous 2 1/2 hour-long class, and completely missed the rain. It didn't stop me from breaking out my rain boots!

Today I wore my green pants, comfy black button-up, long heart necklace, and rainboots. I also tried rocking the sock bun. I think it looks alright on me, but mostly I save it for lazy days and ballet class. 

These Dove chocolates are my new fav! I absolutely love Dove dark chocolates, and I found them with almonds! These are an absolute dream! I also like to think that they're healthy since they are dark chocolate and have almonds ;). 

Made my own guacamole this weekend! Turned out a little too garlicy and oniony, but that's my fault because I deviated from the recipe and added too much :). Next time I'll be more careful! 

Recipe: (thanks to Elizabeth Elliot)

2-3 Avacados
Some chopped onions (about 2 Tbs)
1 Tbs Cilantro
2 Tbs Cumin
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Cayenne Pepper (to taste)
1 clove garlic chopped finely
Some chopped tomatoes (about 2 Tbs)
1/2 of a Lime's juice

2 comments:

  1. Enjoying your blog. Uncle George says Hershey's Dark with almonds just as good.
    Looked up your title, Développé, to open up, to develop. Really like the way that plays out for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Hershey's with almonds also :)

    ReplyDelete