Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fall on the Horizon

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends! Fall is on the horizon! It has suddenly turned colder in Oxford. It's been in the 80s forever, and just recently it has dropped to a new norm of about 72. Fridays in my schedule consist of waking up at 10:40 with just enough time to throw some clothes and a little makeup on before going to work. I work as a waitress on campus. It has been nice because I work on Fridays from 11-2 and every other Sunday. It's just enough cash to be able to go out to dinner and on shopping trips. Another bonus is that we get free soup every time we work :). I enjoyed a delicious tomato bisque and grilled cheese with Brent for lunch.

This Friday my friend Courtney and I decided to take advantage of the puppy that lives at Brent's house. Her name is Maggie, and we are in love with her! We borrow her from time to time because we aren't allowed to have pets in our residences. It happens to be Maggie's first birthday today, so we bought a leash for her and went over to take her on a walk. Courtney and I walked to visit our other friend Megan, and it ended up being a nice study break for people who happened to walk by. We were so lucky that her owner let us borrow her for an hour!

Later that evening, Mercedes, her sister Gaby, and I decided to film an impromptu music video to a popular song. I won't tell you what it is now, so you'll just have to keep reading the next few days to see it :).

After our music video filming, we went over to Courtney's apartment complex to enjoy three hours of relaxation in the hot tub! It ended up being only 45 degrees outside by the time we got out, so we left pruny, wet, and cold. On the way home, we decided to grab some smoothies and go Uptown to watch the drunks make fools of themselves. It was a very entertaining night activity!

On a side note, check out this song! Mercedes and Gaby introduced me to it, and it has become one of our favs to bust out. It's called, "Call Your Girlfriend", by Robyn. It's a little out there, so just have an open mind :).


2 comments:

  1. You said "it's little out there", I thought it was fun. I am enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said, it's a little out there, meaning it's weird :). Haha, glad you are enjoying.

    ReplyDelete