Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Développé

Développé (dayv-law-pay). This term is probably unfamiliar to most of you. It is generally used to explain a certain movement in ballet. According to American Ballet Theatre, the definition is "a developing movement, or a movement of the leg which is drawn up to the knee of the supporting leg and slowly extended to an open position with perfect control". 

I felt that this term was a good way to introduce you to myself, to ballet, and to my life. I am a dancer, and the President of a ballet club at my school. I've been dancing for most of my life, and although I am not the most talented, it is something that I enjoy, and that I will keep pursuing in my free time for as long as I can. The reason that I titled my blog développé is because I feel that the definition and the idea is a good way to explain my life. This action in ballet is a developing movement. In order to execute it successfully, one must have complete control and support. In my own life, I feel that my journey is a process of development, especially at this stage. I am developing in my knowledge, my education, my identity, my fashion sense, my relationships, and my future family and career. I do not think that this process will ever end. In order to have a successful life, I need the support of my friends, my family, and my coworkers. Most of all, I need the support of Jesus, my savior and my guide. I can try to have perfect control on my own, but I've learned that it does not go well. 

The purpose of my blog is to document my daily life for those close to me, and to reflect and realize God's work in my life. At times I wake up only looking forward to my afternoon nap, or bedtime. I have so many blessings and awesome moments in my life, and I want to focus on appreciating them! This is an amazing time in my life, and I want to enjoy every moment of it! Whatever is on my mind will be my topic, and I hope to share the most interesting or impacting moments of my day through photos. It's senior year, and I hope to have many adventures to share with you this year! 

This picture shows you a typical afternoon in the life of Kristyn :). Snuggled up in my covers doing reading homework. I try to stay awake long enough to finish the assignment, and often reward myself with a little nap after :). 



This next picture shows the amazing blessing that I have to attend the beautiful red-brick Miami University! This is Upham Hall, where I have my Gerontology class. Tradition says that if you kiss your true love under the Upham arch, you will marry, and the bond will never be broken. Hopefully this legend will remain true after kissing Brent under the arch! Someday we may be Miami-mergers (two students from Miami marrying)!


2 comments:

  1. You know darlin' this means you have to follow my blog as well @ jovialjohnnyb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely written. I'll look forward to following your posts.

    ReplyDelete